Partakers Activities From 2015-2016
- We have developed the Partakers Extended Learning Program, providing prisons with educational media resources and distance learning programs to help students working towards paralegal and vocational certification.
- This spring Partakers’ Executive Director, Arthur Bembury, along with Board Chairman Ray LaFrance were invited to the State House to speak before the sub-committee of The Harms Reduction and Drug Reform Caucus on the importance of expanding prison education programs throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Partakers continues to grow its relationship as a Community Partner with Lasell College. Through this initiative Partakers offers internships to Lasell students and sponsors Public Awareness Events on the importance higher education for incarcerated people.
- We are pleased to have welcomed several mentoring teams from new communities such as Moshe Kavod, an organization of young Jewish professionals dedicated to social justice now working with 4 Partakers students, and several Community Mentoring Groups from the Greater Boston Area, formed from an overwhelming response to our work, and a common interest in being a part of Partakers’ mission.
We have also expanded teams from our long-term partners at Old Cambridge Baptist Church, St. Andrews in Framingham, and Unitarian Universalist Church in Sherborn, as well as Harvard Divinity School.
- Partakers has also grown our collaboration with Andover Newton Theological School’s Border Crossing Immersion Program with 5 new Teams.
- We are pleased to welcome mentoring teams from corporations such as Accenture and look forward to expanding our corporate partnerships in the 2017.
- Recently Partakers was proud to have formed a cross-organization collaboration with The Petey Greene Program which will provide their tutoring model to our mentees as they advance in their studies.